« June 2005 | Main | August 2005 »

July 29, 2005

Wheezl turned me on to this track six months ago, but I promptly forgot about it until I was cleaning out my hard drive today. Seattle hip hop act Blue Scholars is generating a lot of buzz here lately; this little toe-tapper should demonstrate why. From the group's self-titled debut.

Blue Scholars - The Inkwell

Kahlil, recognizing my recent appreciation for Barbara Morgenstern, sent in this next track, remarking: "Germany's Holger Zilske records under the name Smash TV and this remix of his 'Nobody' by Barbara Morgenstern (to which she adds her own vocals) is fucking brilliant!! From the compilation Gemeinsam."

Smash TV - Nobody (Barbara Morgenstern rmx)

I don't have any choice about posting this. I really don't. The first time I heard this track, I wept for joy. Wept, I tell you. Originally posted by monkeySARS, brought to my attention by the ever eclectic Ämpäri.

Max Raabe & Palast Orchester - We Will Rock You

These and other fine, fine tracks can be heard on Comfort Radio - asking that musical question, "Does anybody really know what time it is... and does anybody really care??????" See you next week.

July 28, 2005

"Red Planet Vol. 2"

Netlabel Laverna provides us with an interesting ambient downtempo compilation called Red Planet Vol. 2. A few of the tracks get a little somnolent for my taste, but there's much to recommend.

Kamilla Mexx - Airless
Enjoy - Ho Storm
Dithernoise - Antares (Natural Mix)

McNeal and Niles - Summer Time
Kinky - Mas
Fructose - Veena

July 27, 2005

Jorane

Another Wednesday guest post from Coe, who writes:

"Following the honorable tradition of foofy chick music, Jorane combines passionate cello with beautiful voice. People call her ethereal, moody and edgy, but seem reluctant to categorize her. With my track record, it's likely that she's 'Dream Pop'. Oooh, look, here's one... 'Overdriven Chamber Pop'. Yeah, whatever. Her voice is reminiscent of Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, or - dare I speak the name - Enya. It's a sweet, purty album, notwithstanding a regrettable cover, which I'm desperately trying to excise from my brain. From the March release The You and the Now on Six Degrees Records."

Jorane - Blue Planet
Jorane - Pour Gabrielle
Jorane - The Cave

Nova Social - Orbit Around The Moon
The Orb - Close Encounters
Autour De Lucie - Qu'Avons-Nous Fait

July 26, 2005

Smooth

It's always a pleasure when an artist or a band has the good sense to name their album so descriptively that I don't have to do any work describing the music, as is the case with the new album by Smooth, entitled An Electro Soul Experience. I would tell you more about the band, but I love freedom too much to spend time deciphering a bunch of web pages that are written in French.

Smooth - Les Reflets
Smooth - Little Karma
Smooth - Smooth

In other news, be sure to check out this gallery of the best album covers you will ever see in your life. Honest.

Roisin Murphy - Sow Into You
Four Tet - As Serious As Your Life (live)
Torch Song - Toward The Unknown Region

July 25, 2005

Wicked Beat Sound System

Fans of Thievery Corporation and Zero 7 might enjoy a similarly styled slice of downtempo funk from Wicked Beat Sound System. It has its edgy moments, but for the most part, you'll feel right at home lying around with a spliff to this stuff (which I personally would never, ever do, but YMMV). From the album 4ormation.

Wicked Beat Sound System - Brothers And Sisters
Wicked Beat Sound System - Again
Wicked Beat Sound System - Can You Hear?

Future Loop Foundation - I Want To Believe
Amiel - Meet Me In The Red Room
Frame - Do Not Abuse

July 22, 2005

Prefuse 73 collaborates with The Books on a new Warp Records EP due out soon called, intriguingly, Prefuse 73 Reads The Books. Here's a tasty sample!

Prefuse 73 - Pagina Dos

You just can't predict Kid 606. A lot of his stuff is so screechy and glitchy, it's like running a motorized cheese grater over your cerebellum. Then he manages to put out something really melodic and yummy, as this track demonstrates. From the 2005 album Resilience.

Kid 606 - Spanish Song

Stuart heard Izmar on the station recently and went hunting down all of his/her netlabel releases. Just now, I heard Izmar on the station and remembered why I put him/her on the station in the first place. Very artful ambient music, headed your way! Get more freebies from Izmar here.

Izmar - Ohmygod

These and other fine, fine tracks can be heard on Comfort Radio - asking that musical question, "25... or 6 to 4????" See you next week.

July 21, 2005

French Teen Idol

Who is French Teen Idol, and why is his/her brooding rocktronica so tasty? I do not know. From the self-titled album, released by the netlabel Nishi.

French Teen Idol - Shouting Can Have Different Meanings
French Teen Idol - Your Fault
French Teen Idol - Lamb
French Teen Idol - Same Tempos (changing)

Groove Armada - Your Song (Tim Love Lee's Semi-Bearded Remix)
Alabama 3 - Bullet Proof
April March - Tu Mens

July 20, 2005

Lake Trout

Another Wednesday guest post from Coe, who writes:

"You know, life used to be simple. I knew what I liked and what I didn't like, and I didn't like whiny-boy music. Then along came this boy, and damn, he had some fine whiny-boy music. Now here I am seeking the stuff out. My latest is Lake Trout. They're classified as hip-hop influenced jazz, but to me that implies a wussy, bouncy sound, while these guys are all rock. I can see comparisons to Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, maybe a touch of Led Zeppelin. They surprise me with their musicality in the same way that Muse did. From the album Another One Lost."

Lake Trout - Say Something
Lake Trout - Mine
Lake Trout - Bliss

In other news, I can't resist posting this photo of the very cute drummer from The Go! Team - did I mention they kicked ass the other night?

Really, I'm only posting these photos to demonstrate my general admission fu. Honest.

Transglobal Underground - A Tongue Of Flame
A Study In Her - Two-F
Polmo Polpo - Rottura

July 19, 2005

Niyaz

Although my Dead Can Dance phase is long over (they were the last show I saw before leaving Chicago, and I still associate them with a time in my life that is also long over), I still dug the hell out of the self-titled debut by Niyaz, which is kind of like a slightly techno-fied version of DCD. Nothing over the top; the programming is subtle, and what we're really focused on is the lovely, intense vocals and the great ethnic rhythms. From the self-titled debut on Six Degrees Records.

Niyaz - Nahan (The Hidden)
Niyaz - The Hunt

In other news, we saw The Go! Team last night at Neumo's. They kicked my ass so far into orbit I should have packed supplies for ISS. Here is thoroughly rotten photographic evidence, taken with my shitty Sidekick camera:

If you're lucky, I won't take any more pictures at shows, but who can tell.

Muse - Jimmy Kane
Madvillain - Curls
Leonard Nimoy - A Visit To A Sad Planet

July 18, 2005

Feist

After hearing the great track "Mushaboom" on KEXP, reading the great interview with the artist over at the Tofu Hut, and then stumbling across the album on sale for $10 at Sonic Boom, I took it as a sign, and am now pleased to join the chorus singing the praises of Feist. Elegant and lovely pop music from a talented singer/songwriter awaits! From the album Let It Die.

Feist - Mushaboom
Feist - When I Was A Young Girl
Feist - Tout Doucement

Bob Dorough - Three Is The Magic Number
Future Sound of London - Carlos
DeLarosa & Asora - Saigon

July 17, 2005

Comfort Radio FAQ

Actually, there are no Frequently Asked Questions about Comfort Radio, but here are some unasked answers anyway.

Origins
Comfort Radio began as a ramshackle server stocked full of music and dragged to Burning Man several years ago, to play mostly continuous music in the main tent of Camp Comfort in e-Ville. After an enthusiastic response, we brought it back the next year with even more music and hooked it up to a transmitter so that folks could hear it all across the village. Returning to the real world that year, we determined that Comfort Radio was too enjoyable to stick in a closet, and so, the Comfort online media empire began. The Comfort Music blog followed a year or so later, when it became apparent that if all those other yahoos could do it, we could do it too.

Contact
Music programming - scotto@comfortradio.org
Hosting/website/technical issues - llew@comfortradio.org

To subscribe to the low-traffic, high-signal Comfort Radio mailing list, click here and follow the instructions. It's not moderated, but if you are annoying, we will zap you.

How to connect
You will need a program that can play MP3 streams. Winamp, iTunes (Windows), and Windows Media Player (version 8 or higher) are quite suitable. It's a 128kb stream, so it may not work that well over dialup. Winamp and iTunes display artist names and titles currently playing songs; Windows Media Player only seems to show "listen.comfortradio.org:7050".

Winamp is available here.

iTunes is available here.

Windows Media Player is usually installed on your Windows system. The latest version can be obtained through Windows Update here.

The recommended way to connect to Comfort Radio is to click on one of the following links:

* Winamp/iTunes
* Windows Media Player

You can also right-click on the above links to save these files to your desktop. You will then be able to launch Comfort Radio from your desktop by double-clicking on the file without having to visit this website.

If Winamp or Windows Media do not launch when you click on the above links (or double-click on the files), then try this:

* Winamp - Choose "Play -> Location" from the menu and enter "http://listen.comfortradio.org:7050"
* Windows Media Player - Choose "Open URL" from the File Menu and enter "http://listen.comfortradio.org:7050"

Troubleshooting
The first thing to try is to click on this link to launch the web page of the radio server itself:

If the web page does indeed display in the browser, then you are halfway there. Try all of the different options for connecting mentioned above.

If you get a "404" error, the chances are pretty good that your firewall is blocking you. We do NOT recommend that you ask your IT department to make a change so that you can listen to Comfort Radio! They probably won't appreciate it.

The next thing to try is to try to connect to someone else's server:

* Winamp - Try connecting to the servers you find at http://www.shoutcast.com
* Windows Media Player - Try the music section of the Windows Media Guide

If either of those work but the suggested methods do not, there is only a small chance that this is going to work for you. If you want to try one last thing, you are welcome to email us for advice. We can't promise that we'll be able to get it working for you, but we will try to help.

We're not sure about how to get the Macintosh version of iTunes to tune in yet.

July 15, 2005

Sola / Pigeonhed

Well, that wraps it up for our birthday celebration. Next week, we return to our regularly scheduled "whatever the hell we were doing before all this". Here's one last post from last year, and one last round of color commentary from long time staff copy editors Crank Boy and Laurel.

From July 16, 2004:
"Wrapping up our inaugural 'trip down memory lane' week...

"From the Shadow Records compilation Blunted, Vol. 2, comes this gorgeous downtempo track. I first heard this way back when Mantid was introducing me to the whole Shadow / Ninja Tune vibe; this song in particular floated to the top of the heap. I was able to find out almost nothing about Sola, unfortunately."

Sola - Set Free

"From the Sweet Mother Recordings compilation Free Activation Series, Vol 1, comes this beautiful remix that surpasses the original in haunting beauty. No, I did not crib that description from a press release."

Pigeonhed - Glory Bound (Dave Ruffy Mix)

CRANK BOY: Aw, them songs are so purty.
LAUREL: It will scandalize approximately no one to reveal that he did in fact crib that description from a press release.
CRANK BOY: Just not a press release for that album.
LAUREL: Exactly.
CRANK BOY: And that, friends, is how it's done.
LAUREL: You know, it's so interesting how the rise of the blogging phenomenon has created a tremendous grass roots movement in music journalism.
CRANK BOY: And how Comfort Music seems to have missed out on that idea altogether.
LAUREL: Well, you set the bar too low and look what happens.
CRANK BOY: People trip on it.
LAUREL: Exactly.
CRANK BOY: Thank you, thank you, two shows nightly.

July 14, 2005

23 Degrees / The Starseeds

You know, I think this whole birthday thing is just so much fun that we should do it EVERY year! As the kids are wont to say, "w00t, my dear chap, w00t!" The all-Comfort Music playlist continues on Comfort Radio until some point this weekend, so act now while supplies last.

The trip down memory lane continues, with color commentary at the end by long time staff copy editors Crank Boy and Laurel.

From July 15, 2004:
"Datura first turned me on to the album Born of Earth's Torments by 23 Degrees; apparently he saw them spin at a party and got hooked. Easy to understand why, especially on this excellent slice of ambient dub. File this under 'good ketamine music'."

23 Degrees - Going Fast (Trail Mix)

"I first heard this next track on the Feed Your Head, Vol. 3: Accelerating The Alpha Rhythms compilation on Mammoth Records. Never got around to buying an actual album by the Starseeds, but this track remains a favorite, probably because it has one of the coolest titles ever. A yummy ambient groove."

The Starseeds - Heavensairportcoffeeshoprestaurant

LAUREL: Ah right, because everyone has a category called "good ketamine music" in their CD library.
CRANK BOY: His is filed right next to "bad ketamine music", which is where he keeps his Styx CDs.
LAUREL: Huh?
CRANK BOY: If you are high on ketamine, the last fucking thing you need is a gigantic Mr. Roboto descending down out of the cosmos.
LAUREL: Dude, lay off. He was just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide.
CRANK BOY: He can hide anywhere he likes except inside my head while I am high on ketamine. You have to have rules about these things; I know this from experience.
LAUREL: Oh really?
CRANK BOY: Yes. I still have a version of Fiona Apple playing piano solos in my brain over and over again after the last time I did ketamine.
LAUREL: Well, kids, let that be a lesson to you - drugs and Fiona Apple don't mix. Well, they don't mix unless you are Fiona Apple, of course.
CRANK BOY: Why is the lawyer shouting at us?

July 13, 2005

Joi / Recoil

If you didn't see yesterday's BIG FAT REDESIGN, try a hard refresh to clear your cache.

Did we mention the part about the special all-Comfort Music playlist on Comfort Radio? How about now? OK, how about now?

Aaaaanyway... color commentary from long time staff copy editors Crank Boy and Laurel follows this lovely historical snapshot.

From July 14, 2004:
"Continuing our inaugural 'trip down memory lane' week...

"On their album One and One Is One, the duo known as Joi (not to be confused with Joi the r&b singer) offered this absolute gem of Asian boogie."

Joi - Asian Vibes

"Recoil is a project by ex-Depeche Mode member Alan Wilder. This dark & creepy track is from the album Unsound Methods, half of which was brilliant. Thematically this track has a lot in common with 'Instruments of Darkness' by the Art of Noise, except Recoil is a lot creepier here than the Art of Noise ever tried to be."

Recoil - Red River Cargo

CRANK BOY: That's rich - "half of which was brilliant". He is secretly implying, "And only I, MP3 blog auteur, know which half!"
LAUREL: It's the half where they do all those Andrews Sisters covers.
CRANK BOY: The secret is out!
LAUREL: He pulls another old school MP3 blog stunt with the whole "Instruments of Darkness" reference. It's the "make myself look deep by comparing this cool new thing to some old forgotten thing" tactic.
CRANK BOY: Nobody's forgotten the Art of Noise, Laurel. We are merely trying to move past those unfortunate memories.
LAUREL: Unfortunate?
CRANK BOY: Many people don't know that their version of "Kiss" with Tom Jones is often blared at high decibels to force dictators out of their hiding places.
LAUREL: Well, you don't have to watch "Dynasty", bitch.

July 12, 2005

Lush / Voodoo Warriors of Love

Wow, it's the blog's birthday today, and what present did we get it?

A BIG FAT REDESIGN!

I know, I know, the love really shows.

On behalf of all of us here at the Comfort media empire, thanks for sticking around for an entire year. Honestly, I would be getting very sniffly right now if I was capable of any kind of real human emotion. Don't forget - all this week, Comfort Radio is featuring an all-Comfort Music playlist, enabling you to dig those glorious tracks all over again, only this time compressed even further!

And now, on with our trip down memory lane, with color commentary from long time staff copy editors Crank Boy and Laurel.

From July 13, 2004:
"I can still remember the barbecue at Weird Momma's many years ago when Bug first slapped this Lush remix onto the boom box. He and I marveled together at its magnificence. This was pre-file sharing, and I was forced to actually (gasp) purchase the single - thus enabling me to pass on the lurve to you. Note this is not DJ Spooky, it's just Spooky, doing the remix."

Lush - Undertow (Spooky remix)

"This track appeared on the dearly departed (and recently revived) em:t label, on one of their gloriously weird and lovely ambient/downtempo compilations. The band, Voodoo Warriors of Love, to my eternal dismay only put out four songs. This is the best one, a fantastic, dark, haunting groove."

Voodoo Warriors of Love - Believe

LAUREL: This is some really overblown language for such a puny little blog post. "Eternal dismay" is something you feel when you realize you are burning in the fires of Hell, or are stuck in the front row at an Alanis Morisette concert.
CRANK BOY: Well, you oughta know. GET IT? HUH, HUH, DO YOU GET IT?
LAUREL: And do people really "marvel" at anything's "magnificence"?
CRANK BOY: I'm here to tell you - the ladies "marvel" at my "magnificence" all the time.
LAUREL: I am going to be sick.
CRANK BOY: That is also a common reaction.

July 11, 2005

The Grid / jhno

We are just ONE DAY AWAY from our ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY and our BIG FAT REDESIGN! Our army of slave laborers has been pushing pixels around for WEEKS in our overseas Comfort sweatshop, and tomorrow their magic will be revealed. In the meantime, check out Comfort Radio - we've switched to a special playlist this week that exclusively features all the tracks we've posted on the blog throughout the past year.

And as promised, I'm reposting the tracks I posted in the first week of this blog's existence, since at that time, our readership was essentially theoretical, whereas now, it can at least be detected using very powerful laboratory equipment. Of course, the premise of the first week was that I was taking a tour down memory lane anyway, which means this post is creating a rift in the time/space continuum, but NO MATTER! Nothing will get in the way of our BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION! And to add a little value to the posts this week, long time staff copy editors Crank Boy and Laurel will offer color commentary at the end of each post.

From July 12, 2004:
"Kicking off the first week of Comfort Music, I'll be focusing on some old favorites of mine. Back when I was still making mix tapes instead of mix CDs, you likely would have heard today's tracks back to back somewhere near the end of side two.

"The first is from The Grid, featuring the vocals of Sheila Chandra. It first appeared on the compilation A Week or Two in the Real World, which documented the first of Real World's legendary 'recording weeks' in which artists from all over the world gathered for a week (or two it seems) to crank out music across Real World's studio complex in England. This version is slightly remixed (Sheila's vox are hotter in the mix) and appears on the excellent Bliss comp."

The Grid - Angel Tech

"The second is from a friend of mine from San Francisco, jhno, also known for being half of Spool. This track is from his first album, understand, which is way out of print, but his artist page at Epitonic has some freebies, and it looks like you can still get his 2nd album, KWNO."

jhno - my mind is aglow

CRANK BOY: It's nice to see he's already getting the celebrity name-dropping thing kicked off. That is how they do it on the big league MP3 blogs.
LAUREL: That's not name-dropping. One time Dre called and kept asking for my mother's cell phone number. That right there is name-dropping.
CRANK BOY: Well, your mother is hot.
LAUREL: Shut up, bitch.
CRANK BOY: Also, he uses the word "vox" instead of "vocals". What is he signifying here? A deep understanding of recording industry parlance? No - merely a deep laziness.
LAUREL: Unfortunately, he is not lazy enough to abbreviate the entire post to the point of not writing it in the first place.
CRANK BOY: And so, a sad, sad saga begins.

July 08, 2005

Sufjan Stevens

I realize that me writing about Sufjan Stevens at this point is kind of like Wired magazine writing about this cutting edge new device called the "telephone", but I can't help it - I just finally got around to paying attention to his new album, Illinois, and in the interest of adding as much weight to the bandwagon as possible, can I just say "Wow!" The first song here caught my attention when I realized I was bouncing my head along to a great 5/4 rhythm, which you don't hear on the radio too often (Björk's "Joga" is the only other example that pops into mind for me). This is densely layered, richly musical, chamber pop. DC Comics fired off a cease and desist the day the album was released because they used Superman on the cover without permission, but Sonic Boom sold us a copy for $11 anyway. Did YOU get a Superman cover? Huh, huh, didja?

Sufjan Stevens - Come On! Feel The Illinoise! Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition; Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream
Sufjan Stevens - They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors!! They Have Come Back From The Dead! Ahhh!
Sufjan Stevens - Chicago

Tune in next week for our birthday celebration, including a special all-Comfort Music playlist on Comfort Radio and a BIG! FAT! REDESIGN! on the site. That is all.

July 07, 2005

Sinestetici

Today brings us the first release from a brand new netlabel, Drift Records. The first collaboration here provides beautifully intricate, "vocal ambient" music, the other a more upbeat slice of techno goodness. Off to a promising start as a netlabel, I'd say. From the EP The Definition of Imperfection.

Sinestetici and DoF - Cruel Hoax
Sinestetici and KiloWatts - Ideal Chameleon

Oh, and by the way, did I mention BIG FAT REDESIGN? As in, NEXT TUESDAY? We're going to have a very special birthday week here on the blog, as all week long I will be reposting tracks from the blog's first week of existence, back when there were even fewer people reading than there are today - which should be mathematically impossible, but there it is. Oh, and BIG FAT REDESIGN!

Tosca Tango Orchestra - La Cosa Pequena
Calexico - Sideshow
Mono - L'America

July 06, 2005

The Raveonettes

Did I mention that next Tuesday we are launching our BIG FAT REDESIGN to celebrate our FIRST BIRTHDAY as a blog that uses LOTS OF CAPS?? It's true! And another festive treat: all next week, more or less, Comfort Radio will be netcasting a special playlist made up solely of the tracks we posted on the blog during the past year. So, uh, all you "I don't want to listen to Comfort Radio, for it is painful to my very soul" types can GET OVER IT and TUNE THE FUCK IN!

Also, BIG FAT REDESIGN!!

In the meantime, here's another Wednesday guest post from Coe, who writes:

"Feel like some retro, fuzzy, twangy garage pop? Well, whether or not you do, that's what you get today. I can't resist this quote from Rhapsody: 'The Raveonettes take their Jesus & Mary Chain zombie-rock to a funeral.' They're simple tunes, but catchy, with purty harmonies, occasionally sounding just like Timbuk3. Just be sure to skip right over the unfortunate cover in the middle of the album. From the 2005 album Pretty In Black."

The Raveonettes - Sleepwalking
The Raveonettes - The Heavens
The Raveonettes - Love in a Trashcan

The KLF - Madrugada Eterna (club mix)
Russ Garcia - Sounds In The Night
The Real Tuesday Weld - The Pearly Gates

July 05, 2005

Kohei Mihara

In exactly one week, Comfort Music celebrates its ONE YEAR birthday! That's right - next Tuesday, this haphazard little ball of Internet flotsam marks its first baleful year of existence. And to celebrate, we'll be launching our BIG FAT REDESIGN!! That's right - no longer will our OLD SCHOOL, BORING AS BULLPUCKY, OUT OF THE BOX Movable Type blue greet you when you visit our site. It's going to be BRAND SPANKING NEW, to celebrate ONE WHOLE YEAR of making posts for your VERY VERY SLIGHT amusement! WORD!!!

In other news, Sleepy made sure I knew about a new release from Kohei Mihara, a collection of creative, instrumental hip hop tracks that slide across the palette with surprising ease. (I believe his exact words were "Kohei Mihara - learn it.") And now, I'm making sure you know too - isn't life grand? From the album Cocolotica.

Kohei Mihara - Imitatrix
Kohei Mihara - Reverse Place
Kohei Mihara - Agalychnis Callidryas

The Fiery Furnaces - Inspector Blancheflower
Therese - Why
Cesaria Evora - Angola (Bateau Ivre Rework by Pepe Bradock)

July 04, 2005

Twilight Sleep

Please to enjoy a couple of shimmery little electropop numbers from the band Twilight Sleep that came out last October, and only just now stumbled across my hard drive. My Google fu failed me in attempting to learn about the band, or its label, Lathigara Music, but in case you're interested in what datura, codeine and cannabis are like in combination, feel free to check out this trip report from Erowid named Twilight Sleep. From the album Twilight Sleep.

Twilight Sleep - Cocoon
Twilight Sleep - Lighthouse

Morcheeba - People Carrier
Marais & Miranda - How Does A Bird Sing?
International Peoples Gang - Experience #1

July 01, 2005

Bacanal Intruder

If you're like me, stumbling across a beautiful & quirky netlabel release is like getting a nifty little early Christmas present. (Of course, if you're like me, you're also digging frantically at the side of your face with a shrimp fork, trying desperately to get the voices out once and for all, but there's nothing I can do about that.) So imagine my delight when I stumbled across Bacanal Intruder - I mentioned the part about "beautiful & quirky" already, so let me just tag on the obligatory comparison to The Books (this is softer and less intense than The Books) and be done with it. From the Herramientas Para Abrir Un Libro EP, released by the netlabel Test Tube. Lots more freebies at the artist's site.

Bacanal Intruder - Paper Bach
Bacanal Intruder - Melancoholic

These and other fine, fine tracks can be heard on Comfort Radio - asking that musical question, "What's your price for flight?" See you next week.